Windows repair problem

Ins4n3_187

Solid State Member
Yeah so i have that message saying windows could not start because it was missing or has a corrupt file windows/system32/config/system blah blah, so i was looking around my closet and found my original package with the windows XP cd, CPU manuals, all that stuff and it had floppy disk, one says Promise 376/378 Driver and the other one is VIA SATA RAID Driver. my mobo is MSI btw and the computer is about 4 years old, i built her. So i read online for about a week just looking for an answer and i tried to boot from the CD but on the windows screen after pressing ENTER i get a message saying "setup could not find any hard disk blah blah" and i saw somewhere that it says to press F6 to install the SATA drivers. It never said that so now i cant get into anything, i have an unbootable OS with 4 years of priceless files and game mods that dont exist anymore. Please! is there anyone out there that could help me out, i know theres got to be at least one person thats a whiz at this! the only hope i get is posting threads everywhere hopeing to get an answer and repair my poor PC. thanks for any help!

F6 is for RAID drivers, are you running a RAID array?

Is the drive recognised in the bios?

Have you checked for loose plugs?

Have you checked to ensure the problem isn't being caused by a faulty cable/plug by swapping cables?

I presume from your post that you are running SATA drives, have you tried a different SATA port?

Can you try the drive in another pc to see if it is recognised?

Back
Top Bottom