windows re-install fast help!!!

convergecult

In Runtime
so im going to re-install my xp tonight i have an oem disk if i use it on the same mother board do i have to call Microsoft to activate it or should it work the same as it did before?

It really depends on how many times you have activated it. Its no big deal if it doesn't go through. I've only had to call the number a few times with XP and you'll enter a big code. 80% go through the other 20% you'll spend activating with a live person. They just ask you why you formatted just say you got a virus and need to reformat.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU GOT ANY NEW HARDWARE! A simple answer like I got a virus or I was getting errors and thought a reformat would cure it.

Make sure you have all your drivers handy and note down your ISP settings, you may also need your motherboard disc as well if you have on

it went good...my pc runs much better..but my 2.0 usb ports are still showing up sometimes as 1.0..but the mother board is crapping out..but that is ok my laptop is coming soon so i can rebuild this later

i have LITERALLY activated the SAME key probably 30 times. im not sure but i want to find out...my brother said you only need the first box to confirm your key is genuine. im not sure what this means but i do think if your first box is correct your key is genuine and the rest can be whatever you want as this is what determines how many times you have activated. im NOT sure though maybe try it for me

Back
Top Bottom