Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
In Runtime
 
4thgradedropout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Default windows re-install fast help!!!

so im going to re-install my xp tonight i have an oem disk if i use it on the same mother board do i have to call Microsoft to activate it or should it work the same as it did before?
__________________

__________________
desktop:MB:MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD 890FX/AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 95W Quad-Core Processor/8gigs corsair ram/corsair 650w power supply/Sapphire HD 5870 2GB/ 2tb hd space/ 4 120mm case fans
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

It really depends on how many times you have activated it. Its no big deal if it doesn't go through. I've only had to call the number a few times with XP and you'll enter a big code. 80% go through the other 20% you'll spend activating with a live person. They just ask you why you formatted just say you got a virus and need to reformat.

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU GOT ANY NEW HARDWARE! A simple answer like I got a virus or I was getting errors and thought a reformat would cure it.
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
In Runtime
 
4thgradedropout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

this is the first time i have done it
__________________
desktop:MB:MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD 890FX/AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 95W Quad-Core Processor/8gigs corsair ram/corsair 650w power supply/Sapphire HD 5870 2GB/ 2tb hd space/ 4 120mm case fans
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

You shouldn't have any prob's.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,945
Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

Make sure you have all your drivers handy and note down your ISP settings, you may also need your motherboard disc as well if you have on
__________________
Compaq Presario CQ5305K-m Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300 (2.6 GHz), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 320 Gb, with 18.5 Widescreen
SPURS TILL I DIE (DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS)
TO DARE IS TO DO
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
In Runtime
 
4thgradedropout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 450
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

it went good...my pc runs much better..but my 2.0 usb ports are still showing up sometimes as 1.0..but the mother board is crapping out..but that is ok my laptop is coming soon so i can rebuild this later
__________________
desktop:MB:MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD 890FX/AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 95W Quad-Core Processor/8gigs corsair ram/corsair 650w power supply/Sapphire HD 5870 2GB/ 2tb hd space/ 4 120mm case fans
4thgradedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: windows re-install fast help!!!

i have LITERALLY activated the SAME key probably 30 times. im not sure but i want to find out...my brother said you only need the first box to confirm your key is genuine. im not sure what this means but i do think if your first box is correct your key is genuine and the rest can be whatever you want as this is what determines how many times you have activated. im NOT sure though maybe try it for me
__________________

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« icons | nero »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0