Windows Problem?

OutdoorCavy

Beta member
I'm not exactly sure if this is a hardware, or software issue.

I woke up today, turned the monitor on, and found this blue screen.
Error.jpg

So, I turned the computer off, restarted.. and it told me there was a Hard disk error, and to enter the Setup disk.
I put in the windows CD, and reboot again.

It goes into Setup, I press R to repair and it tells me it can't find a hard disk.

I have a pretty bad copy of Windows. Its legit, but the CD is pretty messed up. I have problems with it often..... that usually ends up with me reformatting and quite pissed off. Especially since today was the day I was going to back up everything recent on my external.

I switched my RAM probably 2 months or so ago and haven't had any problems since.

What causes this? And what can I do about it?

have u checked all your cables in the computer to see if they are secure ?

if they are then i would say that your hardrive may be on its way out.

is there any kind of clicking noise?

Do you have S.M.A.R.T (System Monitoring And Reporting Tool) enabled in the bios? It should warn you if the hdd is dying.

Try a different cable it could be that (longshot), usually if the drive isn't recognised in the bios it's already dead.

What brand of hdd?

I've never heard of SMART. x_x

Its a Maxtor....
I've always used Maxtor and they've never died on me before... other than this one time.... but it took both my Maxtor's.

I have a slave drive that I don't keep hooked up, I'll try that.... and see if its detected.

My boyfriend is going to come home soon, and knows more about software. I just know more about hardware. x_x I'm the one who built the computer. Lol.
He can usually fix the windows problems fairly easily.

If its my hard drive...I dont think I'll go with Maxtor anymore...what brand is reliable?

Back
Top Bottom