windows not recognizing Powercolor 9250

ownage

Fully Optimized
my friend has a Powercolor 9250 256mb pci video card. When he boots into windows, windows detects the intel integrated graphics but no his video card. Thus preventing him from installing drivers. Anybody know a solution to this?

^^ Obviously he hasn't disabled it if windows still picks it up when booting. Plug the monitor into the new card, then turn the computer on and go into the Bios to disable the onboard GFX, then boot into windows and it should work then. Or at least that has worked for me in the past.

i helped him with his video card and we disabled it from the device manager...is there a difference?

yes there is....because the bios is actually controls onboard audio/video. If you disable it in device manager, windows still knows its there. But since its in the BIOS, its before windows even loads.

You may think you're disabling, but obviously you're not since that's the only way to actually stop it from being recognized. Be 100% sure that it says disabled and then save and exit. Also be sure the 9250 is in the socket completely and everything. It should work....

Back
Top Bottom