Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default Windows Movie Maker

Having problems with movie maker.. When I try to import .AVI video clips from WoW recorded with Fraps... it just simply says Cannnot be imported and doesn't give me a reason why or any error code.

| Intel Core i7 4770K | Nvidia GTX 770OC | Samsung EVO 500GB SSD | Carbide 400R | Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 | Corsair 750TXV2 PSU | Corsair Hydro 100i | Gigabyte Z87 Mobo |
Steemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: Windows Movie Maker

Have you got all the correct codecs? I've found this is usualy the main cause of the avi files not being imported soo..

(try this first)
Make sure the movie will play (or if not go download ffshow this should sort out most things) then go in to movie maker. click tools/options. Go to the last tab and make sure that all of the codecs have a tick by them. Now try importing the file again.

If not..

AVIcodec is a program that will analyze the video file and tell you which codecs are needed, and which ones you are missing. Then, it will give you the link to the site where the codec is located, if you are in fact missing that particular one (click “web” button).

Hope this helps
hi, i like eggs.
Steff is offline   Reply With Quote