windows messenger

Half Evil

Golden Master
hey i have windows messenger pre installed on my OS (obviously) but i downloaded MSN, and even when i run MSCONFIG and under the start up tab i disable MSMGS (windows messenger) it still starts up, and automaticly logs me in, so i have to ctrl-alt-delete, and end the process to make it stop running. and then i can run MSN messenger. so do you guys think that i should take it outta my program files cause its kinda a pain in the arse.

ok.....wuts the most fool proof way to do it, just search windows mesenger? because i dont wanna delete something i shouldnt because its a system program.

all u have to do is start up windows messenger click tools go to preferences and uncheck the box telling it to start up when windows starts its that simple its one of the first things i do when i reinstall

gaming_freak said:
all u have to do is start up windows messenger click tools go to preferences and uncheck the box telling it to start up when windows starts its that simple its one of the first things i do when i reinstall
..i tried....i think, lol but either way.... it wont go away in msconfig.

To be honest, what i do when i first install Windows XP is go to program files and then delete Windows Messenger folder from it ... it may not be the most efficient way but it works

Back
Top Bottom