Windows media player stopped working

superman22x

Golden Master
Everytime I plug something into a usb port it says that. And Windows media player won't run either. Any way to reinstall it?

In Vista, you can't uninstall Media Player which sucks. It's integrated too tight into the OS. Best way is to just reinstall WMP.

I actually have no clue now that I think of it. You probably have to insert the Windows DVD in there. If it was XP, it's easy to reinstall it because there are links all over the Internet for Media Player 11. For Vista, it's different. There are no known WMP.exe available unless it's off of your Vista disc.

For XP, you can actually remove Windows Media Player by going into COntorl Panel/Add-Remove Programs and then off to the left, click on the Add/Remove Windows Components. Media Player is right in there and can be automatically uninstalled. In Vista, I can't even find it. Too different

Oh, well, idk than. It kind of happened all of a sudden. It's wierd how it does it when I plug a USB thing in or unplug one.

Hmm, not that I can remember. Watched a video on AVC player. Maybe WMP is jealous... No, idk, maybe I can do a system restore to like a week ago.

Try removing any WMP updates that could've been installed recently. I know Vista has this for sure. It's in the COntrol Panel and click on "View Installed Updates" off to the left. I don't have any for mine, lol so maybe that won't work at all. I don't even know if there were any updates for Vista in regards to WMP.

But yeah, a system restore looks good right about now.

Back
Top Bottom