windows media player help

Ams

In Runtime
I have windows media player 11 and when i go to watch a video the screen is black. before it used 2 b red and could see the outline of the things in it. i uninstalled it and reinstalled nothing worked. i then found out i have 2 restart my computer every time i want 2 watch a movie. what can i do to fix this?
oh and when i went 2 go watch robot chicken i couldnt hear anything. please help me.
thanks

or if you dont want to worry about codecs download "vlc player". i also like it because on my laptop i can change the screen aspect so when i change it to 16:10 theres no black at the top or bottom of the screen, basically it becomes proper full screen :)

Sometimes the videos work but then i cant see anything and that goes for all of my media players. I have to restart my computer for me 2 see anything. I can hear sound but for robot chicken i cant.

i also installed vlc player and i cant see anything on it but once i restart my computer i can. wtf is going on?

When you play the video in Media Player, it should diagnose the video and show if it has any issues. An issue will be shown with a red x of some sort next to the video name on the right side of the media player (right where the 'now playing list' is).

If you see the X, click on it and request Web Help and it should be helpful diagnosing the problem.

You can also try these solutions, from the Microsoft website:
Why is my video discolored or has colored lines running through it?

A variety of issues can cause color to go bad in Windows Media Player. To troubleshoot possible causes, do the following:
•

Check for video-card driver updates from the maker of your video card.
•

Check for Microsoft DirectX updates by scanning for updates on the Windows Update Web site.
•

Try a different acceleration setting for your video hardware:

In Windows Media Player, click the Tools menu, and then click Options.

On the Performance tab, in the Video acceleration area, drag the slider to None to use basic video-acceleration settings that work with most video hardware. For some video hardware, you must do the opposite (drag the slider to Full) to correct the problem.
•

Adjust video settings to default values:

Click Now Playing.

On the View menu, point to Enhancements, and then click Video Settings.

In the Enhancements pane, above the slider controls, click Reset.

If the video plays back normally at first, but then becomes discolored (or disappears entirely), see the question, "Why can't I see the video when I'm playing a video file?" in the Media Advice archive.

vlc should play anything, and you are having probs with that. + you say you need to restart your pc to actually watch it :confused:
somethings not right

Back
Top Bottom