windows media player

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
Whenever i use the cursor thing in wmp to jump to another part of the video, it plays for a second pauses for a second then continues playing.
what causes this pause, because it is SOO annoying

thanks

it is lag... you jumped the the gun so to speak and the steaming video/audio has to catch up to where you told it to go..The lag is the seak/read verifications to make sure that it starts playing where you told it to start.

Does this happen from a file on the Web or a File on your Computer? You probably can't fix it if it is on the Web and doesn't happen with Files on your Computer, but if it is on your Computer you can try cleaning up your Processes. Ctrl Alt Dlt will show you them... see which ones you don't need, always worth a short. Or clean out your Task Bar. Something like that shouldn't happen if you Computer is less than two years old and not doing much else.

Beyond that... I don't know. I suppose it also depends on the length, if it is on your Computer and it is 5 hours long, and you're jumping an hour, you'll have to expect that whatever you do! :D

it does it with all files on my computer no matter how long, i tried it with a 5 second file and a 3 hour file... same thing
and the pause is only a second long

Hmmmm... do you have Microsoft Antispyware?

Run it, go to Advanced Tools, and System Explorers. Click on Startup Programs. Check through that, remove anything you think you don't want. Reboot and see about it then.

What RAM and Processor do you have? Are you downloading in the background?

no i don't but ill download it
all my specs are in my sig and i am not doing anything else in the background

Bloody hell... it shouldn't be doing that with specs like that. You have the same PCMark as I have (4600 or so) and I can switch whole 30 minutes, hours, constantly back and forth without the slightest problem or flicker.

It could be a Windows Media Player Problem. Do you have the same situation in say DivX Player?

it is a gateway, but i don't think thats the problem
i don't have divx but ill try realplayer
thanks for all of your help
i appreciate it

edit, it does the same thing during real player

i just ran microsoft antispyware and the only spyware was Powerreg scheduler
should i delete this?

Back
Top Bottom