Windows Media Player 11 crashes

cyradis4

Beta member
Hi!

I'm running Window XP sp2 on an AMD machine. I ran Windows Media Player 11 fine for a long time. Then, I re-formatted the hard drive. No changes in the hardware. It initially worked fine after I re-loaded the software (for several days at least). Then, when I was ripping a CD, the program crashed. Now, every time I try to play a song, it crashes. Doesn't matter if its a CD or a mp3 file on my computer. I've also got Real Player and iTunes on the machine, and none of these programs do this. Media Player also does this when playing videos and streaming. I tried uninstalling and re-installing WMP with no effect. I followed Microsoft's suggestions for trouble shooting. No effect. I uninstalled it like Microsoft said to do it. No change.

This is really starting to frustrate me. I prefer Media Player over the other players (personal preference). I've also run AdWare, SpyBot and McAffee Virus to see if I can find the problem. No joy, they all came up empty.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Amanda.

i cant help you here, i hate windows media player i only use it because the ripping and burning on winamp is reduced because its a free version....i think you are best off using winamp because it is compatible with all of the files that itunes and wmp use (not sure about real...i dont use it). its great and it doesnt take over your machine like itunes does.

Back
Top Bottom