Windows Media Center

beachbumfromoz

Solid State Member
I quite often have TV (thru WMC) running in top corner of my screen while doing other stuff.

My query is this....

When I go look at a vid on youtube, reducing sound volume on WMC reduces the sound level on everything, mute does same thing. Same with audio on WMP.

I would have thought with this system I am running I would be able reduce/mute sound on whatever I am doing on WMC so I can listen to the audio on other applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Col:confused:

lol, on vista you can choose what you want to decrease, its quite cool.
i havent used media center much but im sure its just got windows media player controls, therefore if you just lower the sound using that, instead of via sound options, then it should work. if not then somethings wrong.

volumecontrols.jpg

That's the mixer for my C-Media sound card. As you can see it has the different sound connections and types controlled independently. Look for your mixer for your card and experiment with the settings. It may or may not work. But it's worth a try.
And not to an ass but your sig is 13 lines. It's only supposed to be 5 or 6. Might want to trim it down before one of the mods says something.

I do have vista, as my signature says.....

In another forum I was given this link.....

http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/...on-volume.aspx

According to that microsoft had 2 options when setting up Vista and Media Center...1 was to make MC the overriding control as they believed most people would watch in full screen thereby wanting to control all sound from remote....and 2....watching MC in small screen and wanting to control just the MC volume.....

They chose the former.....I would have gone option 2 myself....:rolleyes:

Have had a good play with my volume controls with no luck.....I can reduce sound within WMP or on a youtube vid without affecting Media Center volume levels but I cant do the reverse which is the one I would like most to do....reduce volume of a TV show in Media Center so I can check out a youtube vid or listen to a song, withouth having to close Media Center down.

Col

Back
Top Bottom