Windows Issue?

pcgamer487

Solid State Member
I just build a dual core computer at about 7.0 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, and windows vista home premium lite. I also have a BFG 8500 video card. Everything was working fine about an hour ago and now I can't get any video from my computer. Everything sounds okay and seems to boots, but no video. My video card is brand new, so I don't think it could be a problem. I did hit the one button next to the buttons for shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. The button looked like the shutdown button, so I clicked it and ever since then, no video.

I disassembled the computer and put it back together and I still get no video. Also, I get no onboard video. I manually restarted the computer many times to no avail.

This is driving me nuts. Any ideas? I'm sure there is a quick fix for this.

Do you have your motheboard manual? If you do, then find out how to reset the BIOS (there should be a jumper configuration on the motheboard). And just a little note, no CPU runs at 7.0GHz, what you have is two cores both @ 3.5GHz, you can't add these values up.

Yeah, dual core speeds cannot be added up.

Ok, as for your GPU, can you see the POST screen? So far, it looks like a driver issue, because the card seems to work fine past POST.

Nope, I never saw anything. I just heard the hardware power on. The monitor just has shown the "test screen". I never saw the bios screen or the bootup menu.

Also, my power supply I believe died which might have caused this problem. I noticed it was less noisy than normal and the whole system seemed to be struggling. I then took the case off, took the PSU out, and it never worked again.

I'm thinking about replacing the PSU because that seems like the solution. Right?

If it was struggling to power on and now it wont even do that then my opinion would be the power supply but i would borrow a power supply to just test whether it is that or not, tho im pretty sure it is

I don't have another power supply or anything to test it. It's not the monitor because I tested it on another PC and it powered up fine.

Back
Top Bottom