Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Windows has detected a hard disk problem, help!

Hello

This morning as I woke up, I wanted to play some FIFA 12 on my laptop. As soon as it booted up, I entered my password as usual. When Windows brought me on the desktop, an error appeared saying that "Windows has detected a hard disk problem" and it gave me 2 options

1. start the backup process
2. ask me later

I chosed ask me later as I have only one partition. I was indeed worried about this error and it quite ruined my usual good mood when I wake up. So I ran a Short Drive Self Test and it failed. I'm worried, this laptop is 3 week's old and I have already filled the 500GB hard disk with my files.. dammit.. lol .. so I need your help, thanks

Aud21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
xxcobraxx

press windows key+r and type cmd then type chkdsk /r then it will say something about locked, press y and restart the computer, this may fix it

Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
Solid State Member

Ok I did what you said and the problem is still there :/ , I didnt run the check again because the laptop didnt even let me do it. when the chkdsk /r finished it restarted, I inserted my password and a few seconds later the laptop freezed on a screen saying Intel....(something else) has detected a problem with your hard disk.. (or something like that) .. and now the laptop wont boot at all. There is a tiny beep like sound that I can hear from the laptop and this is an unusual sound! I think its done.. I gotta bring the laptop to customer service :/ .. thanks for your help
Aud21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
xxcobraxx

it is your harddrive i'm sorry to hear, it's full of bad sectors by the sounds.. maybe a new os install or new harddrive, don't let them rip you off.