Windows hangs after running NFS Most Wanted

iamroot

Daemon Poster
I'm currently running Windows XP. Everytime I play NFS Most Wanted, the game runs perfectly fine but after about 15 mins, the game will suddenly lag quite badly and when I quit the game, it will go to the Windows desktop and hang there. This happens everytime I play the game. Can someone tell me what is going on? This problem also occurs when I play Star Wars Battlefront.

Seems to me like you may have temperature issues.

I need more about your computer though. Video card? Comptuer specs?

I do find on Need For Speed Most wanted demo, it lags on mine every 5 minutes or so for a few seconds, and then carries on as normal. No idea what thats about.

Same thing happens to me, but I stopped playing due to this problem..My computer is known to get a bit hot at time..Like this is what happens to me, Im going 120mph, but the game is laggy, and it seems as if your not even going 60mph..And then when you turn, its like slow motion. But then if you turn the game off for a bit, then go back it runs fine...I think its a heat issue, download speedfan, and see what the temps are, or go into the bios and check1

Yeah, if the video cards fans working perfectly fine, (as stock should be fine for standard clocked cards, and can even cope with a bit of overclocking), its more likely to be the ventilation in your case, as the heat has to go somewhere.

That 100 or so degrees C from your video card being spewed out while playing games, without anywhere to go could be rather distastrous for the rest of the system.

I suggest if this is the case, and theres a spare PCI port below the video card where the fan is, to get a ventilation unit that fits into a PCI slot, which will exaust the air straight out, so it has no time to ventilate through the system.

I have this issue I think I got an overheating problem, when I play games it's fine at first but if I keep my pc on playing games for a while it then hangs games pretty bad

My system specs are:

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
AMD Athlon64 3500++
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB DDR
1 GB DDR400 RAM
MAXTOR 200 GB HDD SATA

I've had this system for a couple of weeks now and I've not had this problem till recently. I could play nfs most wanted for hours without any problem previously.

UPDATE: Apparently, now just running NFS alone is enough to get my computer hung. I just started NFS for about 10 secs and when I quit, the system hung at the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom