Windows Genuine Advantage
So the latest xp update is Windows Genuine Advantage, a crappy program windows sent out that nags you if you don't have what they call a "genuine" copy of xp. On the logon screen a little graphic says that it may be pirated, and you constantly get nagged right after logon and randomely. I have corporate edition 2005, becuase I'm the tech at Wichita State University, and they have corporate edition and bought the rights to 100 copies, all on one key code. So if you have corporate edition you might see this fun little program in the future, or if you have a coughillegalcough copy. You can't just uninstall it, to do so you must
1. Lauch Windows Task Manager.
2. End wgatray.exe process in Task Manager.
3. Restart Windows XP in Safe Mode.
4. Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32.
5. Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache.
6. Lauch RegEdit.
7. Browse to the following location:
8. Delete the folder ‘WgaLogon’ and all its contents
9. Reboot Windows XP.