Windows Explorer Crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowputty

Solid State Member
Hi,
I wondered if u could help with a problem i have with supposedly windows explorer. And this is after after a virus scan and a re-boot. Everytime a try and delete a file in my "My Music" folder, it comes up with "windows explorer has encoutered a problem and needs to close......". After clicking dont send, it returns again.
After clicking close the second time another box comes up stating that "And error has occured in INTERNET explorer". Closing that then seems to half crash the computer clearing the desktop for 5 seconds leaving only the background. After that its fine. But i still cant delete the file. Weird.

Is it me or my computer a hypocrite?

Help please From Anyone!

Thanks

(Oh and when i tried to debug it it mentioned something about Kernel32...")

Also I just checked and this only happens in My Music Folder and wiht certain files (Mp3) .

Only by email.needs attachments,sorry.
Where and how did you learn how to "debug"forget it exists,please.Or someone explain it's use.
:confused:

yellowputty said:
Hi,
I wondered if u could help with a problem i have with supposedly windows explorer. And this is after after a virus scan and a re-boot. Everytime a try and delete a file in my "My Music" folder, it comes up with "windows explorer has encoutered a problem and needs to close......". After clicking dont send, it returns again.
After clicking close the second time another box comes up stating that "And error has occured in INTERNET explorer". Closing that then seems to half crash the computer clearing the desktop for 5 seconds leaving only the background. After that its fine. But i still cant delete the file. Weird.

Is it me or my computer a hypocrite?

Help please From Anyone!

Thanks

(Oh and when i tried to debug it it mentioned something about Kernel32...")

Also I just checked and this only happens in My Music Folder and wiht certain files (Mp3) .

Sounds like your computer could have some sort of virus.... try scanning your pc with an Anti-Virus scanner........... if you dont have one and you would like a free and effective virus scanner, please visit:

http://free.grisoft.com

there should be a download link on the left hand side of the page. that might help... but it sounds more like some virus has gained control over your computer and may spread if not treated quickly.

I would also recommend Ad-Aware SE Personal edition:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Ad-Aware is designed to provide advanced protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.

the good news is both are FREEWARE :)

oh ok thanks... i didnt realise that the date was 2004... god i wasted my time typing all that out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom