Windows Bootloader help

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I somehow managed to get two choices on the bootloader, how do I take the one off that I don't want? I recently installed ubuntu, then took it off so I fixed the mbr by using fixmbr and then fixboot.

I'm a little confused. Is it Windows boot loader coming up or did you used Grub or Lilo? Which os or entry do you no longer want?

Edit:
I see, it is Windows. So you did use the fixboot and the fixmbr commands?
I suppose going into the boot.ini and editing will do the trick.

Well to clarify a little bit. I installed ubuntu, but it wouldn't work right for some reason so I wiped the partition clean. WHen I booted I got "GRUB error 22" and did fixmbr and then fixboot. That fixed it, but before I did those I did some other command and typed "1" when I thought it was referring to something else, and now I have "1" and "Windows XP Home Edition" on my boot loader. It's nothing harmful, just a bit annoying.

OK I've decided this error is more irritating than I thought. I'm off to install vista again. My old games can take a hike, I'll live for now :D

Mods, you can go ahead and lock this. I see no need to leave it open.

Thanks! That worked, I'm still probably gonna go back to vista though but that info is nice to know.

P.S. I tried to give you rep but it said I have to spread some around :( I'll give you some once I can.

Back
Top Bottom