Windows 98/ME Dualboot system

i used to have windows me.

it's a straight copy of 98, exept that the media player was updated, system restore added, and a couple of added features added. nothing you can't do with boradband and a fast conection.

oh, and windows me is a pice of shit. the rest of microsoft's products arn'et too bad alougth they all crash.

netuser said:
i used to have windows me.

it's a straight copy of 98, exept that the media player was updated, system restore added, and a couple of added features added. nothing you can't do with boradband and a fast conection.

oh, and windows me is a pice of shit. the rest of microsoft's products arn'et too bad alougth they all crash.

nothing you can't do with boradband and a fast conection.
Is that what the? was about ?

Quote: reply or get lost.Its not a "boradband and a fast conection."
problem.

I have just installed these 2 operating systems onto seperate partitions on my hard drive. I followed a guide and it said I should be given a selection of operating systems to load when the PC boots up however I don't, it just loads straight into ME.

Best i can do for now,till you drop by.
:D

If you use windows 2000 or xp they will offer you the ability to have 98/xp mil/xp 98/2000 etc at boot.
I ve never heard of a built in routine for setting this up with 98 and millenium. Id try a loader as was suggested by ox54.
The reason one might want dual boot is if one system crashes the other is instantly available bluto.
Millenium works very well-If you do the online updates!-if not it has problems with the active desktop which causes crashing. The patches are needed. The defragmenter in millenium is twice as fast as in 98. Check the 98 cd for the tools folder and find tweek ui-it adds wonderful features and the ability to change and direct both 98 and millenium.
regclean is also a highly desireable addition for added windows stability.
To install tweek ui right click on its inf file and choose install.

Gary Graefen said:
If you use windows 2000 or xp they will offer you the ability to have 98/xp mil/xp 98/2000 etc at boot.
To install tweek ui right click on its inf file and choose install.
Everyone doesn't have every Windows version ever made.
This is a 98/me ? I think and a useless one to boot.
Tweak[you and I] TweakUI,or 233.Its usefull when you use Windows,nothing to do with dual boot.
:rolleyes:

Okay just press F8 as your system starts up until you get a screed giving you multiple option on how to boot. Sometimes the simplest thing is the best. I dont know why these guys havent already mentioned that. Maybe they just arent as smart as you would have hoped.

airiox said:
Okay just press F8 as your system starts up until you get a screed giving you multiple option on how to boot. Sometimes the simplest thing is the best. I dont know why these guys havent already mentioned that. Maybe they just arent as smart as you would have hoped.
You know its not as simple as that ! So please guide us newbies on this .
Gramps
If this a software you need than you have done a terrible diservice not to explain this.
98/Me.Really now.
:rolleyes:

Well you first have to go to your file settings and display system files and it should just be in you main directory.

Back
Top Bottom