Windows 7 or Windows XP (64-BIT)

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Okay, so here is the dilemma.. with my new system's parts in the process of being shipped here, it is time to choose the O/S. I've narrowed it down to the following..

- Windows XP 64BIT
- Windows 7 64BIT

The main purpose of the system will be gaming.. and entertainment. I'll watch movies, but the main purpose is most definitely gaming in the long run.'

Specs
---

i7 920
2 x GTX 260, 216 Core factory overclocked in SLI
1TB Hard drive (SATA)
6GB of memory (or more, if I upgrade)

If you choose to only vote, great.. but if you'd like to explain your choose, that helps a lot.

I'd say Windows 7 just because it's free and it's been stable for almost everyone. From what I heard, driver support for XP64 isn't that great.

The downer for 7 is that Punkbuster won't support a beta OS.

xp64 is hell to get drivers for. Also, win 7 has DX10, which graphic whores like. And it's a pretty fast OS, although with a setup like that I doubt it'll matter. Only thing is, why did you get a factory overclocked card?

Windows 7. That was easy.

XP is ready to be replaced finally.

Buy Windows Vista HP 64bit and get your free Windows 7 Upgrade ticket! Best deal PERIOD. besides, Vista runs games in Dx10 in its glory!

I'd say Windows 7 just because it's free and it's been stable for almost everyone. From what I heard, driver support for XP64 isn't that great.

The downer for 7 is that Punkbuster won't support a beta OS.

Is Vista 64 bit a solid alternative to 7 then? I don't really like Vista to much but I suppose I might have to deal if I want to play Battlefield 1943.

If you buy Vista now, you get a free upgrade to 7 when it comes out.

Windows Vista was solid for me. Runs fine on my PC and laptop, didn't game any differently than XP as long as you have 4GB of RAM for some games.

Back
Top Bottom