Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Windows 7 video card problem.

Hello, i recently installed windows 7 on my pc with a fresh install and when i go to play call of duty, rift, or any game i get very low fps around 10-20 but when i have windows xp installed i can go from 60-150 . At first i thought it was because i tried the windows 7 64 bit but the problem was with both versions of windows 7. Here are my computer specs

Amd 2.2 quad core
asus m3n78 pro motherboard
nvida evga gtx 570
6gb ram

I made sure the video driver was the most up to date driver. For the mobo i had some trouble finding recent drivers but i believe i had the right drivers. Thanks for the help

bully818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Windows 7 video card problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully818 View Post
Hello, i recently installed windows 7 on my pc with a fresh install and when i go to play call of duty, rift, or any game i get very low fps around 10-20 but when i have windows xp installed i can go from 60-150 . At first i thought it was because i tried the windows 7 64 bit but the problem was with both versions of windows 7. Here are my computer specs

Amd 2.2 quad core
asus m3n78 pro motherboard
nvida evga gtx 570
6gb ram

I made sure the video driver was the most up to date driver. For the mobo i had some trouble finding recent drivers but i believe i had the right drivers. Thanks for the help
I think you still have driver problems, might pay to contact nvidia support for help.

officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Beta Member

I am being told it is my cpu bottle necking the graphics card. anyone have an opinion on that ?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

No. If your CPU was bottlenecking the card, you would get crappy FPS with XP as well. I'm positive it's an issue with the drivers on W7.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
Beta Member

I really wish it was just a driver issue but I am almost 100% sure its not. I tried 3 different drivers for windows 7 64 bit and none of them work and i made sure every driver was deleted before i installed another one. They are saying that windows 7 demands more from your computer then xp and that is why i am unable to get the fps needed. After overclocking from 2.2 to 2.4 on my cpu i see a rise in fps and that makes me believe that it is my cpu that it outdated thats causing the low fps in windows 7. Wish it wasn't the case but im going to have to upgrade.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to nbrikha Send a message via Yahoo to nbrikha

It doesn't make sense that it's your CPU bottlenecking because it works with well with XP. It's a driver issue if you're getting 60 fps on XP and 20 fps on 7. I think your like me, you see the problem you want it to be, a physical one, and use it as a way to get a new system. I would do as officemanager said and contact NVidia. They'll know what it is quicker then we will.
Desktop: AMD Phenom II 840 X4 @ 3.7Ghz // Asus Sabertooth 990FX // CM HAF 932 // XFX HD 5770 // 8GB Corsair Vengeance @1600 + 8GB G.skill Sniper @ 1600mhz (C9) // Cooler Master 600W // Zalman CNPS9900 // Sidewinder x8
Laptop: Dell Vostro 3555 // AMD A6-3400 1.4Ghz x4 w/ 6520 // 500GB HDD // 4GB Ram upgrading to 8GB soon // Backlit Spillproof Keyboard
nbrikha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
BSOD

It is a driver issue with that being used for W7...
Just google your card specs and see for your self the number of people who are experiencing the same problem as you.

You state W7 demands more from the computer, Ram and Cpu maybe but not graphics card.

Email Nvidia and ask for updated driver for W7
officemanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

I concur with others that the CPU isn't at fault here, but I disagree that it is a driver issue simply. Based on the searches I am finding online, it appears that the motherboard is the common problem here. It's rare, but it does happen like that sometimes.

Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote