Windows 7 Sound doesn't detect plugged in Headphones

throstur

Baseband Member
[Resolved]Windows 7 Sound doesn't detect plugged in Headphones

I've got my headphones plugged in RIGHT NOW. It detects my speakers that are off and has them set as the "Default Device" but it does not detect the headset that I am wearing at this instant. It also detects something called ATI DP Output which I have no idea what is.

How can I assist my computer in detecting my headphones so that I can start using them effectively?

How are the headphones connected? Using the headphone port on the back or through a USB connection?

The "ATI DP Output" is the small display port on your ATI video card. The display port can also output sound as well as video.

Are the wires to the front ports connected properly to the motherboard?

Oh yea, what motherboard are you using and are you using the on-board sound or an add in sound card?

The front ports are probably connected properly, since they work perfectly in Windows XP. I'm using a MSI K9N Neo motherboard and on-board sound. I couldn't find a driver for it.

I raped MSI's web site and FINALLY found my mother board and drivers for it, I messed around with that Realtek HD Sound thing and everything works now.

Back
Top Bottom