Windows 7 - Random BSOD

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Hey guys! I know it's my first post in ages, but I need some help here.
I keep getting a random BSOD everyday with my computer..the BCcode is 116 and here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66ghz
RAM: 4gb DDR3 1333mhz
MB: GA-EX58-UD3R
GPU: ATI Radeon 5750 1gb 128bit GDDR5
PSU: Antec TruePower 650W

What do you guys think? Can you help me?
Well I've done some searching, it might be a problem with the drivers on my graphics card...

I think this is a joke. Windows 7 does not have blue screens.

Cut the bullshit. If you are going to be a dick go somewhere else.

Anyways back on topic. Since your research so far has lead to a possible graphics driver issue let's focus on that a bit. I would run something like ATItool to see if that accelerates the blue-screening at all. I'd also re-seat the card. If there is a little dust on the connections it could be throwing off some signals.

And just for grins, I'd run memtest too.

There's to be no more innapriopriate language. I'm letting you off with a warning this time, but future incidences may be met with a banning.

I've updates the drivers for my graphics card to the latest ones available, and it's been a few days without any BSOD...I'll wait one more week, if no BSOD then problem solved! Looking good though, I can leave the computer overnight and it won't shutdown, and my computer just runs excellent when running Virtual DJ Pro when I'm mixing some trance and when playing games it runs flawlessly and it's very smoothe on max settings!

hey stratosp did your situation improve? How is everything running now? I hope the new ati drivers did the trick! I would like to know because Im looking at getting a 5870 and I have Windows 7 x64. I have been hearing about some problems with drivers here and there.

Hey guys, sorry for the really late reply, haven't logged in a while.

It seems the blue screens have gotten worse! I had 3 just then! Everytime I get a BSOD it's a different reason. Sometimes it says something about the IRQL is less than blah blah, the hard disk and the one I had before said something about a page fault.

These are so annoying...I think I'm going to have to reformat :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom