Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #11
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Windows 7 Question

OK. When you boot up to the Win 7 DVD, you will begin the installation process. Along the way, you will be asked for the key that you received when you originally downloaded the software. Just input the numbers and you're off and running.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
ermmm i don get it, so when i boot up using the disk will i have to put in a CD Key or does it skip that part and allow you to make a user account and login straight away
You go to the Microsoft Win 7 RC download site. Sign up for the Win 7 RC download, Microsoft emails you a key. Download the ISO file, burn it to a DVD with ImgBurn (or any other DVD burning software you like) and boot your computer from the DVD that you burned. Your bios has to be set to boot from the DVD drive. Then installed Win 7 and when it asks for a key you type in the key you got when you signed up to download Win 7.

I think that's it...correct me if I missed anything.

[edit]

Man, do I lagg...AR is way faster than me!

Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #13
Baseband Member

ahhh ok, tnx
Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
You go to the Microsoft Win 7 RC download site. Sign up for the Win 7 RC download, Microsoft emails you a key. Download the ISO file, burn it to a DVD with ImgBurn (or any other DVD burning software you like) and boot your computer from the DVD that you burned. Your bios has to be set to boot from the DVD drive. Then installed Win 7 and when it asks for a key you type in the key you got when you signed up to download Win 7.

I think that's it...correct me if I missed anything.

[edit]

Man, do I lagg...AR is way faster than me!
Once you arrve at the download page the product key is displayed there. The first key used here didn't work so I emded going back a second time for another that worked on the spot. There are 15 total for the 32bit and another 15 for the 64bit RCs.

When finally arriving at the part where you choose the admin account or standard user account name and you move onto the next screen you can skip the product key to simply finish the installation. When going to activate however you click on the change product key option in the View Info screen to enter the key at that time if you choose to wait until everything is on and Windows is running good in case of a bad install for some reason.

The average installation time for most is a good 20 minutes with some reporting a complete install in as little as 12! I'm still trying to find out how they saw it go that fast while some had 8gb of memory over the 4gb here!
Dodge1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
Baseband Member

oh, 1 last question, how many times can i download windows 7?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

i don't think u can anymore unless u go to torrent sites which sometimes carry viruses
ringtemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
oh, 1 last question, how many times can i download windows 7?
You shouldn't need to download it more than once, but I don't see why they would restrict how many times you can down load it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringtemek View Post
i don't think u can anymore unless u go to torrent sites which sometimes carry viruses
You can still down load it from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to jikifreak

As many time as you need I suppose. I have downloaded it once, but got 7 key's for various machines I installed W7 on.
Rosewill Conqueror|ASRock A780GXE AM2+|Phenom II X4 940@3.0Ghz Stock|Zalman 9900|8GB G.Skill DDR2 800|OCZ StealthXStream 700W|XFX Ati Raedeon 5770 1gb GDDR5 DX11|16X Samsung DVD-RW|360GB(SATA), 40GB(SATA), 160GB(SATA), 200GB(IDE) 500GB External(USB 2.0)|Windows 7 64Bit|19inch LCD Widescreen at 1400X900 Resolution via DVI|
jikifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
You shouldn't need to download it more than once, but I don't see why they would restrict how many times you can down load it.

You can still down load it from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx
I was thinking about the beta then, because it used to be that way
ringtemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Baseband Member

so i dont have to download it again to use it on another computer?and is there a way to find out what the specs of my sister's computer is? without having to open it up, its runnign windws vista