Windows 7 doesn't turn off hardware

7D8

In Runtime
ok, maybe someone could help me with this weird hardware problem I have. I have Debian and Windows 7 installed. When I click SHUTDOWN in Debian, my computer shutsdown completely. When I do the same with Windows 7, Windows will turn off, but the Computer never actually turns off. I have to manually hold the power button until the thing turns off.

Now, the last time I cleaned my computer by doing a full format, I installed windows, and during one of the first updates, it shutdown correctly. Every time after that it's back to it's old tricks and I have to manually shut it down.

I suspect it has something to do with Windows 7 and a controller on the mobo, perhaps?

Click “Start”, on “Computer” click right mouse button and select “Properties”, click “Device Manager”, select “IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers” group, only contains one device called “VIA 1394 OHCI Compilant Host COntroller” on that click right mouse button and select “Properties”, select “Power Management” tab, and finally check the “Allow the computer to tur off this device to save power” box!
That's all folks. After that the computer power down normally every time.

try this.

Back
Top Bottom