windows 7 beta

well, i tryed UPGRADING, and tryed a clean install. upgrading is done from inside windows itself by just running the disc and i get ATA/ATAPI drive errors. and then when i try to do a clean install by booting from the disc it just gives me "OSimage, no wininstall" and i tryed upgrading by doing a virtual disc mount...still same ATA errors.

I don't get it.....there is so many things which are not compatible with vista and they are bringing out a new o/s asap? Microsoft love making money don't they :p

Hmmm......now where did i put my ubuntu disc. :rolleyes:

I don't get it.....there is so many things which are not compatible with vista and they are bringing out a new o/s asap? Microsoft love making money don't they :p

Yeah but it's worth the money. I remember buying Vista Home Premium the day it came out and I'm glad I did. I'm probably gonna feel the same way.

Well that is why they are coming out with a new one. This one will take the place of Vista, and I am sure they are going to try to fix a lot of stuff with it.

I hope you know that theyve been working on windows 7 before vista even came out... my uncle works on desktop enviroments for microsoft. it WILL be worth it.

dont talk shit about stuff you dont know. Vista did have problems, but hell, it was a good update.

Is it just me, or does it sound like it's looking for RAID drivers and that's why it can't upgrade, or find the install?

Is it just me, or does it sound like it's looking for RAID drivers and that's why it can't upgrade, or find the install?

thats what i thougth at first too cel...but the ATAPI drivers IS my cd rom drive.. alright thanks net, ill dl that right now

yeah..the softpedia download doesnt work...:( and all the other websites wont let you download the ATA drivers either :( sadface. I think its because the ITE.tw company IS not around anymore...

I have a friend who installed this. I took a quick look at it. It looks like Vista with a little more features and less resource usage.

It takes up a significant amount less than XP, right? From what I've been reading online, that's what it seems like.

"Another crucial improvement for Windows 7 over Windows Vista is that 7 will run on a range of machines, from low-specification netbooks to high-powered desktops. On our mid-range Studio Hybrid, 7 was certainly more impressive than Vista, although there were the bugs that are acceptable in a test beta version, especially to do with the anti-virus programmes that are currently still very specific to Vista.

Micorosoft say that the operating system will be happy on, for instance, an Asus EeePC. Given that the EeePC sometimes struggles to run its cut-down version of Linux, that's quite some claim, and I'd be eager to see how true it really is. "

That's quite a statement.

I hope you know that theyve been working on windows 7 before vista even came out... my uncle works on desktop enviroments for microsoft. it WILL be worth it.

dont talk shit about stuff you dont know. Vista did have problems, but hell, it was a good update.

7 will be amazing. After Vista received the service pack 1 update, it was a decent operating system. I do hope we get better security options with Vista.

Back
Top Bottom