Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: windows 7 beta

well, i tryed UPGRADING, and tryed a clean install. upgrading is done from inside windows itself by just running the disc and i get ATA/ATAPI drive errors. and then when i try to do a clean install by booting from the disc it just gives me "OSimage, no wininstall" and i tryed upgrading by doing a virtual disc mount...still same ATA errors.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Baseband Member

I don't get it.....there is so many things which are not compatible with vista and they are bringing out a new o/s asap? Microsoft love making money don't they

Hmmm......now where did i put my ubuntu disc.

Jaymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
I don't get it.....there is so many things which are not compatible with vista and they are bringing out a new o/s asap? Microsoft love making money don't they

Yeah but it's worth the money. I remember buying Vista Home Premium the day it came out and I'm glad I did. I'm probably gonna feel the same way.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

Quote:

Well that is why they are coming out with a new one. This one will take the place of Vista, and I am sure they are going to try to fix a lot of stuff with it.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

I hope you know that theyve been working on windows 7 before vista even came out... my uncle works on desktop enviroments for microsoft. it WILL be worth it.

Quote:

dont talk shit about stuff you dont know. Vista did have problems, but hell, it was a good update.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Is it just me, or does it sound like it's looking for RAID drivers and that's why it can't upgrade, or find the install?

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
Daemon Poster

Here is a driver you can try

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Oth...ver-1330.shtml
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Is it just me, or does it sound like it's looking for RAID drivers and that's why it can't upgrade, or find the install?
thats what i thougth at first too cel...but the ATAPI drivers IS my cd rom drive.. alright thanks net, ill dl that right now

yeah..the softpedia download doesnt work... and all the other websites wont let you download the ATA drivers either sadface. I think its because the ITE.tw company IS not around anymore...

Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Oops sorry.....this one works.

http://www.howtodrivers.com/model26024.html

or this one

http://www.zdnetasia.com/downloads/p...002423r,00.htm

Beta on Microsoft is back up.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I have a friend who installed this. I took a quick look at it. It looks like Vista with a little more features and less resource usage.
It takes up a significant amount less than XP, right? From what I've been reading online, that's what it seems like.

"Another crucial improvement for Windows 7 over Windows Vista is that 7 will run on a range of machines, from low-specification netbooks to high-powered desktops. On our mid-range Studio Hybrid, 7 was certainly more impressive than Vista, although there were the bugs that are acceptable in a test beta version, especially to do with the anti-virus programmes that are currently still very specific to Vista.

Micorosoft say that the operating system will be happy on, for instance, an Asus EeePC. Given that the EeePC sometimes struggles to run its cut-down version of Linux, that’s quite some claim, and I’d be eager to see how true it really is. "

That's quite a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I hope you know that theyve been working on windows 7 before vista even came out... my uncle works on desktop enviroments for microsoft. it WILL be worth it.

dont talk shit about stuff you dont know. Vista did have problems, but hell, it was a good update.
7 will be amazing. After Vista received the service pack 1 update, it was a decent operating system. I do hope we get better security options with Vista.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote