windows 7 32-bit install

theshadowxx

In Runtime
hey I was just wondering, should I install Windows 7 32-bit on my desktop? or not also can someone explain to me how it like works, not the installing part, the part that microsoft is letting you download it for free now but then when it gets officially released then they will not let you run it anymore? is this true?

hey I was just wondering, should I install Windows 7 32-bit on my desktop? or not also can someone explain to me how it like works, not the installing part, the part that microsoft is letting you download it for free now but then when it gets officially released then they will not let you run it anymore? is this true?

Can we know your desktop and current operating system? (Not all computers can run Windows 7) Whoops just saw your Sig. You can run Windows 7 :D
How it works is you can use it till March I believe, and after that you will either have to buy a product key and activate, or your computer will just first shut down at intervals, and eventually your computer will not let you log on until you either buy a product key, or go back to a different operating system.
Also once you install the full version of Windows 7, it will be like installing an OS, all your files and stuff will get deleted (Unless you backup of course)
It will be just like using a recovery CD, so remember to backup!

EDIT: If I was you, I would go for the 64 bit OS.
It is the same price, and you have room for future RAM upgrades, I don't see why you would want a 32 bit OS.

From the Windows 7 RC site:

The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You'll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use.

Windows 7 FAQ:
When you install the final version of Windows 7, you'll need to do a clean installation. So plan on backing up your data then reinstalling your applications and restoring your data.

so its not really worth it. is it? i was planning on dual-booting. does it run everything fine? games? programs? stuff like that? ive heard there are some cracks online though, that let you go past march 1 2010.(let you keep it forever) not really sure if your allowed to talk about cracks on this forum though...

yeah everything runs fine on it. I was running it for a while but got rid of it cuz its only a matter of time before it is not fuctional anymore anyways. I think its good till march of next year but I get my copy of the official windows 7 in early november anyways. The thing about it is you can buy vista right now and get a free copy of windows 7 if you get the OEM version. I never had any compatibility issues at all and if you are dual booting with it I will say it is a very easy OS to dual boot because it gets all your drivers for you so you don't have to waste a whole lot of time finding or installing drivers.

about the cracks there are plenty of them but we are not allowed to tell you them or give you a link to find them because it is illegal.

ahh ok, thats perfectly fine, its a good thing I asked I wasnt sure if I was allowed to talk about them here, i guess im not. k thanks!

Back
Top Bottom