Windows 2000 computer problems

It probably has to do with ACPI issues in the BIOS. Try reseting them to default and see how it goes.

Well, computers are meant to last as long as they can, and by that I mean the motherboard/CPU. Sure, I still have a K6-2 here, but with today's crap, it can't really handle it anymore...all thanks to the i586 architecture...

They /used/ to be built to last as long as possible. I work at Staples, and the HP's and what not that are pushed out now are utter shit. They have the cheapest components that you could imagine, they just try to put big numbers on the tags....

And I believe to recall in some online news that they are discontinuing their stuff. It's ironic because I have an HP P3 system right next to me while I'm posting this and it's fine.

Oh yeah...right. However, the OP brought it up for updates on the specific problem, so it's fine. As long as the OP brings up his own thread for updating or some sort, then it's fine, at least to my books.

Ah i see that now. Yes that is fine by me too....i just saw my comment in the thread and couldn't remember commenting on it so I checked the date.

If we want to move this thread to a 'should old computers be recycled' kind of topic, I think it really depends on what you are doing with it. In the case of the OP, there were a lot of problems that weren't worth fixing when it was so old. Now if it still runs fine and you are able to do what you want on it then it's worth letting it go. My 1 and only computer at home is a P4 with 2 Gbs RAM but it runs great and does everything I need it to so I don't see a reason to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom