Windos explorer help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I am running win xp pro service pack 2.

First off I want to know why when I go to Start then Programs then Accessoriies then Windows Explorer

The window that opens up is MY Documents Folder??????
Sould it not be the C drives Tree and all the diferant DIR in it????

And secound I typed the GOOGLE web site and other web site adresses in the Adress Bar of the My Documents Folder and it opens it up.

Can I access the internet without any Browsers at all??

I ask because I don't like useing Internet explorer or Firefox and I uninstalled Internet explorer and I wanted to know if I can uninstall firefox as well??

in the menus at the top of that window that pops up, u can click on a setting to show all that stuff u want...

um on W7 atm so i dont remember how to do it in XP>..

So when I go to Windows Explorer and it opens My Documents Folder just go to Menu Tab and click what???

And this wont stop the My Documnents Folder on my Desktop from opening right will it??

click start>programs>accessories then right click windows explorer and select properties.

you'll see the properties screen comes up and has a box called target:
this links to the application and you can add arguments to this.

the default location for windows explorer to start in is "my Documents" (whereever this may be).

change that target box to
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe c:\

and the first view will be the C drive.

yes, you can type into the address bar of windows explorer any internet address and see the internet, this is because of the way that IE is integrated into windows explorer, you are actually using IE when you browse like this.

Back
Top Bottom