win xp or vista

If they're pushing for an early release late this year, that would be good. It's already October so if the release is this year, it should be out now or real soon.

I went to some of the Vista sites and got news of the 2nd half release in 2007. Could be mistaken.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Vista and SP3 will be out around the same time, but SP3 will be out after Vista definately. They have said Vista of course the priority for the moment, but did say they need SP3 to update XP to the level it needs to be according to Vista type things, like compatability with various technologies that Vista will use and XP needs to be able to, like the Communications Protocols, and of course Internet Explorer 7, along with Security enhancements.

Yes that is what i said!

I have just been told that we are looking about 12-14 months, i keep getting so many different dates!!!

Ha, by the time Vista comes out, I would dump XP into my pile of old obsolete software. Don't need SP3. I guess it's only for people who don't have intention to upgrade to the new OS, that the SP3 would be beneficial.

TRDCorolla said:
If they're pushing for an early release late this year, that would be good. It's already October so if the release is this year, it should be out now or real soon.

I went to some of the Vista sites and got news of the 2nd half release in 2007. Could be mistaken.
I don't think they are. They're planning Beta 2 hopefully for late this year, early next year, and a release probably mid year, definately before Christmas.

Computer Genius said:
Yes that is what i said!
Lol, sorry, the thread must have been old when I replied :p

So the plan for WinFS is still being scrapped for the final release? I think that would suck though because that's the whole point of Windows Vista. I wonder if WinFS will be released in a SP or something.

The tools for the System to read WinFS Partitions will probably be in the final release of Vista. Just that it won't be able to make them. Then any other tools, extensions, will probably be in a patch rather than a Service Pack, and the tools to make the partitions will be included in a new batch of CDs without an excess baggage I would imagine, and a download from the site, or a patch too. I don't think WinFS will be too far behind Vista actually, they have some good stuff on it already.

Back
Top Bottom