Win 7: home 16gb RAM pro 192gb RAM

frldyz

In Runtime
I'm still having a hard time choosing between Win 7: home vs pro. for home purpose computer.

I thought I read Win 7: home limits you to 16gb of RAM anf pro 192gb?

I assume this is the amount of RAM you put in your MOBO?

Other then then this and the encryption thing with Win 7. Does anyone realy see an advantage to using Win 7 pro. for home use? Or just buy the home premium?

Do you need more than 16GB of RAM? Do you need encryption? Do you need to join a domain? Do you need to install language packs? Do you need XP Mode? These are features that Win 7 Pro has that are missing from HP.

For the great majority of users Home Premium is all they need.

When it comes to RAM utilization - most users will end up using above (or near so) 8GB of RAM. When performing such tasks as Gaming, Video Editing, Encoding and Rendering. Which means it's unlikely that you'll end up using above 16GB of RAM with today's current usage. However it may very well be, that in the next couple of years the new standard for RAM will be 16GB - then in another year, it very well may be 32GB. If you plan to use the PC in the coming years I'd just go with Pro.

For home use, 16GB is significantly more than the average home user needs (I personally never even use 4GB), and I've found Windows 7 runs quite happily on machines with 1.5 to 2GB RAM.

Home Premium should be fine for now, Microsoft will be offering free upgrades to Windows 10 for Windows 7 users anyway, and there should be an upgrade path to the "Pro" version should you want to upgrade your OS at a later date.

Hope this helps.

-J

:whistling: Yeah, I should just end this, before it goes to far.

Most of the users (especially recent ones) on CF most likely don't even remember this; so let me explain. A couple of years ago, a user known as Accurate_ joined the forums and started to post and argue with people claiming false information. A couple of days later, he left. Then about a year ago, a user named Breached_ joined. With the same avatar and stuck up ignorant personality.

For this years April Fools joke, I made the above user Inaccurate_. The plan was to go around to threads and argue with people, and claiming false information. Then I would log onto my normal account, and argue back at him (just like I used to) and make people believe that he had returned once more. Then at the end of today, I would confirm it was myself the entire time. Good plan right? :lol:

Either way, do not take the post from Inaccurate_ as true. It is highly misleading information. Going with Home Premium will be just fine for most users such as yourself.

:whistling: Yeah, I should just end this, before it goes to far.

Most of the users (especially recent ones) on CF most likely don't even remember this; so let me explain. A couple of years ago, a user known as Accurate_ joined the forums and started to post and argue with people claiming false information. A couple of days later, he left. Then about a year ago, a user named Breached_ joined. With the same avatar and stuck up ignorant personality.

For this years April Fools joke, I made the above user Inaccurate_. The plan was to go around to threads and argue with people, and claiming false information. Then I would log onto my normal account, and argue back at him (just like I used to) and make people believe that he had returned once more. Then at the end of today, I would confirm it was myself the entire time. Good plan right? :lol:

Either way, do not take the post from Inaccurate_ as true. It is highly misleading information. Going with Home Premium will be just fine for most users such as yourself.
Best forum April fools i've seen.. :D

Back
Top Bottom