Win 64 question, and Raid Sata HDD question.

ChampMark

Baseband Member
Okay, I'll start with the Raid question.

I am going to buy dual 250 gig Maxtors Satas.

Here is the website: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144031

Now, from what I understand it's good to have a back up hard drive. So I was thinking about getting this as well.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144007

Now, I wand the 500 gig hard drive for back up just incase my pc crashes. What type of raid configure would I use to get it to automatically do this, or will I need a special hard drive for this?

My motherboard is a Tyan S2895, and it supports these types of raid 0, 1, 0+1, and JBOD.

Now for my win64 question.

I've read it supports 32 bit apps, but not 16 bit DOS stuff.
I've already found the drivers etc for my MOBO, and video card I plan to purchase.

Because I don't want to partion the hard drive for xp, and 64. Plus I would like the full affect of the two 64 bit processors. I want to play games on this machine. Like Dungeons and Dragons Online, and Guild Wars, and try Fear out on it. And I don't want to install it unless I can play all my games. It says it supports 32 bit apps. And I'm digging on google for it, just can't find specifics.

Here's what my system specs are:
Dual 246 SledgeHammer Opterons.
4 Gigs Registered pc3200 Corsair ram
Dual 250 Gig Sata 3.0 G/Bs HDD
500 GIG Ultra ATA133
7900 GTX 512 MB BFG
660 Watt Enermax (For Server boards)

Now just one more question, I understand windows xp supports only 4 gigs of ram, is that per processor or for both processors?

Thanks in advance.

Well, for your raid question, you would go with raid 0+1, 0 would be stripping it down to the 250 HD's and the 1 would be the 500gb hard drive as back up..

Since the dual 250 gig hard drives would act as one, the space on the 500 gig would have only half used for the raid, so the othe r250 gigs would be empty for me to use correct?

Back
Top Bottom