Will this Windows work? :(

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
I just bought a Windows XP Home edition to use on my new computer and I didn't notice until I got home that on the DVD case in which it comes in, it says

"Upgrade For users of Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, or Windows Millennium Edition."

My new computer has nothing on it. So I'm thinking it's not going to work...

Anyone know, please?

It wont work, but i think that if ya have a 98 disc or me disc handy it will ask you to insert it to prove that ya have a qualifying product

Raffaz said:
It wont work, but i think that if ya have a 98 disc or me disc handy it will ask you to insert it to prove that ya have a qualifying product

Dang, looks like I will have to return it.

I have nothing of the sorts.

Good news is I have not even opened it and I still have the receipt.

Yes. If you own a Windows 98, ME or 2000 disk, it will ask for it. It will copy two or three files and it will continue from where it left off.

PCNoob said:
Dang, looks like I will have to return it.

I have nothing of the sorts.

Good news is I have not even opened it and I still have the receipt.

Just borrow one lol, or pick one up from ebay

No, it would be actually a better idea to actually buy the Retail version...the new install.

lhuser said:
No, it would be actually a better idea to actually buy the Retail version...the new install.

Yeah, that's what I'll do.

thanks for the tips guys.

I hope nothing is wrong with my computer when I fire it up. For a noob, building a computer is a long and tiring process.

The version you bought will work, you just have to have a cd of a previous version of windows to insert when it asks you.

Back
Top Bottom