Will this Video card run the Newest games? dont know much about computers :(

enzio1

Solid State Member
HIS Hightech ATi RADEON 9600XT Turbo Video Card

HIS Hightech ATi RADEON 9600XT Turbo Video Card 650 MHz, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "EXCALIBUR RADEON 9600XT PLATINUM" -RETAIL

Graphics Controller - ATi RADEON 9600XT
Memory Configuration - 256MB DDR/128-bit
Connectors - 1 x VGA(D-Sub)
1 x TV-Out(S-Video/Composite Out)
1 x DVI
Bus Interface - AGP 4X/8X
Max Resolution - 2048x1536
TV Tuner - N/A
Video-in - N/A
Video-Out - Supported
Clock Speed - 500MHz
Memory speed - 650MHz

$180 bucks, im on kinda tight budget and i was wondering if this was good clock/memory speed to run all the newest games at high graphics settings

thanks in advance

Be more specific with the games you wish to play. It's not a bad card, although it won't handle FarCry on very high lol. Check Ebay for some great bargains on computer components!

oh crap nevermind dont even think about getting that card one its pci express and two it barely outperforms the 9600. The cheapest card you can get that will play all the latest games on high setting would be the 6800.

http://bestbargainpc.com/e68ddr.html

cheapest one on the net.

only a few bucks more :/

Still a great deal. If you can't afford the 6800, take a look at ATI's 9800 or Nvidia's 5900.

hmm so even tho that ones 128mb its better then the 256mb? cool i am glad i asked here :)

a whole lot better. its only a few more bucks than the 9800 or 5900 which are both 20 frames slower.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=3

this article will show you how all the latest and older video cards preform on doom 3. Use pricewatch.com to find out how much each card costs.

You will be getting 55 more frames than the 9600 with this card. and less than a hundred more.

and 40 more than the 9800 or 5950 its really is youyr best option even though you will pay more

awesome thanks so much :) i think ill ask before i buy stuff so then i dont make poor decisions :D

Back
Top Bottom