Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Will this video card run this game and is it comptible with my computer?

Hello there everyone!
I need help with this"EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512P3N868AR) GDDR3 SDRAM". Heres the link for the specs EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512P3N868AR GDDR3 SDRAM PCI Express 2.0 x16 Graphics adapter | eBay scroll down to see the specs. I'm wondering if this Video card is compatible with my "Compaq Presario SR5110NX". Heres a link to the specs to my computer Compaq Presario SR5110NX Desktop PC - Product Specifications You see, I want this card to play a game (Total War), but a new one came out and the requirements are higher. Will that Video card run-on my computer "Compaq Presario SR5110NX" and still support the requirements? Here are the requirements Shogun 2: Total War System Requirements. Will the game run at least high settings with this card? Hope this is not alot of trouble for you guys. I just need to know and no one helps me. Thank you for your time and I hope this isn't alot of trouble.

Shogun 2 total war requirements- Shogun 2: Total War System Requirements
Compaq Presario specs- Compaq Presario SR5110NX Desktop PC - Product Specifications
Video card- EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512P3N868AR GDDR3 SDRAM PCI Express 2.0 x16 Graphics adapter | eBay - Scroll down to te botom for specs.

The_American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Will this video card run this game and is it comptible with my computer?

If your Memory and Processor are still the stock ones, you might/definitely will have problems.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Will this video card run this game and is it comptible with my computer?

What do you mean by "The stock ones"? Do I have the stock ones? Does this mean I will have problems with this video card?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

The stock spec of your PC says it only comes with 512MB of RAM, which isn't going to be enough, since the minimum specification of Shogun 2 says 2GB RAM. Your processor (if it is the stock one) is an Athlon 64 3500+, which isn't a bad processor, but you'll probably find it isn't powerful enough for most modern games. Reaching the minimum specification of a game means that it will install, it doesn't mean the game will run at all well. Unless you upgrade your RAM, i doubt the game would allow you to install it.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
The stock spec of your PC says it only comes with 512MB of RAM, which isn't going to be enough, since the minimum specification of Shogun 2 says 2GB RAM. Your processor (if it is the stock one) is an Athlon 64 3500+, which isn't a bad processor, but you'll probably find it isn't powerful enough for most modern games. Reaching the minimum specification of a game means that it will install, it doesn't mean the game will run at all well. Unless you upgrade your RAM, i doubt the game would allow you to install it.
Can I upgrade my processor? If I can which ones do you recommend? Which would be cheaper? Buying RAM, a new Processor, and a Video Card or buying a new computer?