Will these components work?

ahhh..thanks for the advice! my rig already looks loads better and i haven't broken the bank yet:D

And Freestyler, I added a 8600GTS but since it's DX10 if I dual boot with XP and Vista will this card support XP as a OS? I plan on using XP as my primary OS but I didn't know if a DX10 Card works with a DX9 OS.

Also, would y'all recommend adding a better cooling solution? because all I have as far as cooling goes is the Case Fans and the heatsinks that come with the components, the tower itself will be sitting on top of the desk I have, so I'm sure it will get better air flow as compared to under a desk. But still I'd hate for it to get to hot..

If you don't plan on OC'ing too heavily you should be ok. The C2D stock coolers are actually pretty decent.

As for the DX10 card on a DX 9 OS, you will see no problems. I ran my 8800 on XP for almost 7 months with out a problem.

No problem...I almost got a white screen error after typing all that out, lol I would've killed someone.

Do you have nice quality speakers already?? If not, then there's really no point in a sound card, integrated audio is fine.

I agree with celegorm's post. If you're not OCing to the max, then stock cooler is fine.

Back
Top Bottom