Will this stuff work?

Yes they are. AMD is currently working with IBM on a joint project to go down to a 45nm process soon. Don't expect it out anytime soon though. Intel is way ahead of the game.

I'm looking at some OCZ Dual Channel 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Nvidia SLI-Ready EPP Memory (2 x 1024MB) and I'm wondering if it will work in a motherboard that supports 800mhz DDR2. Will the RAM automatically underclock to the motherboard's supported speed?

Yes but if you overclock then you can get the RAM to run at higher speeds than
800MHz

I don't quite understand what you mean. For the RAM to run at 1066MHz, You will have to change this manually in the BIOS.

Eh nevermind. I have another question. If I were to get a new mobo, ram, and cpu could i just plug in my old hard drive and boot from it? It will still have the old mobo's drivers and stuff so would that be bad? Would I have to format the drive first?

Eh nevermind. I have another question. If I were to get a new mobo, ram, and cpu could i just plug in my old hard drive and boot from it? It will still have the old mobo's drivers and stuff so would that be bad? Would I have to format the drive first?
It's best to format the drive, but it's possible by doing a repair install of Windows. Here's how:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Back
Top Bottom