Will this setup work?

benbumpc

Beta member
Hey all, this is the first computer that I'll be custom building. It's quite an expensive build, but the cost doesn't bother me much, I'd just like to know if this setup will work or not. I'm mainly after information like if the Motherboard will support the other components, or if the Power Supply is powerful is enough to run the parts that will be being used on Over-Clock etc.

This is the setup that I'll be buying:

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K (3.40Ghz / 8MB / LGA1155 / Quad Core, Overclocking Enabled)
Motherboard: Asus P8P67V3 MB, Socket 1155, Intel P67 Chipset, 4x DDR3, SATA3, SATA2, eSATA, RAID, Firewire, USB3.0, 8CH Audio, GbLAN, CrossFire
RAM: Corsair 16GB Kit (4x4GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3, Vengeance Series, 9-9-9-24, Dual Channel Kit
Hard-Disk: Western Digital 1TB, Caviar Black, SATA-III, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932, Black/Silver, mATX/ATX/eATX , No PSU, 2 x USB2.0, 1x IEEE 1394, 1x eSATA
Optical Drive: LG GH22NS70 22xDVD+-R, 12xDVD-RAM, DL, SATA
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon HD6970 Lightning OverClocked (940Mhz), 2GB GDDR5 (5500Mhz), PCI-E 2.1, Fan Cooler, Dual DVI, HDMI 1.4a, Dual Mini DisplayPort 1.2
Wireless Card: TP-Link TL-WN951N Wireless N PCI Adapter, Atheros, 3T3R, 2.4GHz, 802.11n Draft 2.0, 802.11g/b
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 80+ Bronze, 750W Power Supply, Single Powerful 12v Rail, 80plus efficiency
Monitor: Asus 24" Widescreen, 1920x1080p, 2ms, 20,000:1 (ASCR), HDMI, DVI, Speakers, Webcam
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64bit DVD OEM
Cooler: Noctua NF-R8-1800 80mm 1800RPM Sound Optimised Fan

Thanks in advance for any replies, really appreciate it.

- benbumpc

Maybe I should take my computer forum interest over to battle.net. WAAAy more replies over there.

Maybe I should take my computer forum interest over to battle.net. WAAAy more replies over there.

What do you mean by this? If you're referring to the thread that I made on Battle.net (World of Warcraft website), then yes that was me and this is how I've got this final setup from all the help that I was given. I just thought I'd get some different outlooks by also posting here to make sure it will work fine without any problems in the Motherboard/Power Supply running everything etc.

If you were being honest by saying "Maybe I should take my computer forum interest over to battle.net" the only issue is that you need to have an active subscription for WoW (World of Warcraft), which is $15 a month.

What do you mean by this? If you're referring to the thread that I made on Battle.net (World of Warcraft website), then yes that was me and this is how I've got this final setup from all the help that I was given. I just thought I'd get some different outlooks by also posting here to make sure it will work fine without any problems in the Motherboard/Power Supply running everything etc.

If you were being honest by saying "Maybe I should take my computer forum interest over to battle.net" the only issue is that you need to have an active subscription for WoW (World of Warcraft), which is $15 a month.

There's not a lot of builders on this site, kinda depressing and slow.
Should take you build over to Overclock.net
We are insane over there lol

Back
Top Bottom