Will this RAM be compatible?

yeah i know how to install RAM, I've just never knew how to tell which is compatible.

You need to double click on the Everest icon to install it. Then after it is installed, you can run the program. Once in the program, click on the Computer icon and select Summary. That will give you all kinds of info regarding your PC hardware including how much RAM you have, what type.

ok , under "Memory bus properties" on the "Motherboard" pane, it says the following:

Bus Type: DDR SDRAM
Bus width: 64-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio: 4:3
real clock: 133 mhz (DDR)
effective clock- 267 mhz
bandwith- "Trial version"

so..will the RAM on newegg work or not?

yeah I know! that is rediculous

thanks so much for your help, i really appreciate it.
now, how much of a difference will I see with a 512 stick added? be specific.
i like using photoshop and illustrator cs2, and they're very laggy. if i upgrade my ram to 512, will it run smoother?

It will help tremedously coming from only 128MB. Now you have more temp storage for all that you do in Photoshop instead of swapping virtual RAM from the hard drive.

Woah holy crap, RIP OFF!!!

I just watched this dell show on tv,

They had a computer wit a 19 inch lcd monitor

250gb hdd
intel pentium D dual core
1gig RAM
Windows Media center OS
dual cd/dvd drives
memory card reader
It was an XPS
All of that for 1500.

Do you think that is a rip off???

I've seen systems like that for sub $1000. I'll bet the monitor is high quality though. THey had good reviews on Dell monitors in Maximum PC. Probably most of the cost comes from that.

wow thats great
i'm also looking into purchasing a dell basic b110 system for my son, just for basic stuff, you know. and it's only $299 without a monitor. is there anywhere else I can get a system like this or better for cheaper?
I know it sounds crazy but I just want to know before I buy it when I know i can get something better for cheaper...thanks

Back
Top Bottom