Will pci x16 be used for all expansion products

i dont think soo....mainly becasue nothing else really needs to go that fast...maybe if they made pci 4x slots for sound cards and other stuff that could speed things up but i think that pci16x would be rediculous for just stuff like sound cards...lan cards..etc. but u never know!!!

Who knows, as technology becomes more demanding of bandwith you might eventually see things like sound cards start using PCI-e but that would mean that they would have to start including more PCIe slots on a motherboard. I don't think that will be happening any time soon. PCIe will continue to be solely for video cards for a long time.

Maybe in a few years, PCI-e will be old, and they will make a new type of slot, and PCI-e will be the new PCI...

Who knows...

At the end of the day, no-one knows about tomorrow's technology. Who knows, tomorrow, someone might come up with something amazing, like a computer the size of a mobile phone or something mad like that.

But to have PCI-e 16x sound cards would be nice, if that sort of speed was to be used for sound cards etc, imagine the speed of new video cards.

Back
Top Bottom