Will This PC Run XP?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, I know this computer sucks but my friend was wondering if I could install XP on it and I just wanted to double check with you guys if it'll work first. Here are the specs:

System Information report written at: 01/23/2006 08:21:51 PM
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name P-5B5G9EW9J
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model 0AAVWP05
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 4 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~951 Mhz
BIOS Version AMIBIOS (C)1999 American Megatrends Inc., Version 07.00.xx
Windows Directory C:\WINNT
System Directory C:\WINNT\system32
Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
Locale United States
User Name ---
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 261,552 KB
Available Physical Memory 33,724 KB
Total Virtual Memory 894,404 KB
Available Virtual Memory 323,116 KB
Page File Space 632,852 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Shorter Version:
AMD Athlon 950MHz
256MB RAM
CURRENTLY running Windows 2000

If it will work, please let me know of any precautions i should take before doing the install.

Thanks!

Definatelywork, I just installed Windows Media Centre on a pentium III 933mhz with 128mb ram :D ...although it was a customized version :cool:

I've run XP, on a Dell, xps.. It was a Pent II, 300mhz processor, and 96mb ram, with a 10gb hard drive!

That will be FINE!

XP is low demand. You should be able to do that. It'll be crazy slow. If I was him i'd stick without XP until he gets a better PC for speed reasons.

definitely you can work with XP..but what is the reason for working with XP in that ~1GHz processor?? really it will be very slow..

You could use the XP pro lite version, that lhuser told everyone about. its really good, lightning fast on everything.

Installed and it worked great! Just bought another copy of XP and was wondering, do you think it would install on a PII 350MHz Processor, 256MB Ram? I highly doubt it... :p Just wondering if it can get much worse than running 98 :D

Back
Top Bottom