Will my CPU bottleneck this?

im pretty sure that it will.
The 8600GT isnt that great of a card, there are better alternatives that ATI has for the price.

It depends on your resolution and how high of settings you will be putting on games. If you're not going to game, then no.

If it doesn't bottleneck it much I'll go for it, the 7300 is terrible and I'm willing to take any option avaliable.

there are better alternatives that ATI has for the price.

Such as This? I never really paid attention to ATI until the 4000 series came out. I'm looking for PCI-E X16 cards only.

uhh... you do know that PCI-E 2.0 X16 is backwards compatible with previous PCI-E X16 and vice versa right? The old PCI-E X16 is also called PCI-E 1.0/1.1.
The only difference between 2.0 and the old X16 is that 2.0 is said to have twice the bandwidth, but since the old X16 doesnt use all the bandwidth, so theres no performance gains, unless on benchmarks.

My motherboard said it supports PCI-E X16, it doesnt mention 2.0, while my 8800GT is an PCI-E 2.0 X16, and it works perfectly.

So because I plan to use two 4850's in my final build, I could just go ahead and buy one of them even though it would be bottlenecked quite a bit?

Back
Top Bottom