will I notice a jump from 5400rpm to 7200rpm?

You guys know that Velociraptors come in a 2.5" form factor, right? Tech isn't completely wrong. They stay cool without the heatsink.

One of my servers at my work has three 15K HDD and they used to get INSANE hot before I put better case fans in there @_@

v16 engines do exist, i think their is a v18 aswell. One of the cadilacs have a v16, called cizetta or something like that

The Cizeta is NOT a Cadillac, but it does have 16 cylinders.

Back on topic, you will get a performance boost from a 7200 RPM HDD, but you will also see shorter battery life.

The Cizeta is NOT a Cadillac, but it does have 16 cylinders.

Back on topic, you will get a performance boost from a 7200 RPM HDD, but you will also see shorter battery life.

1) yes true, but it was made a LONG time ago so it makes about the same HP as a new V6....

2)not worried about the battery life, really only use it around the house so I always have it plugged in. I'm now worried about the cooling.......

When I upgraded the ram from 256mb to 2G I think I let the CPU loose, and It makes a lot more heat. I wouldn't say it's unbearable.... but "not comfortable" on your lap when using it.

if I spend a little more money, is there a 7200 RPM drive that will not produce as much heat? Or another way I could upgrade the cooling?

Also, any ideas on upgrading the CPU???????

Back
Top Bottom