Will I be able to upgrade this computer?

Tman1800

Solid State Member
HP Pavilion p7 and p7z series | HP® Official Store

Not that I am going to buy this computer, this is just an example of a computer in my price range. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I can't buy anything fancier. Not like I need it though, I am just using it for my basic computer needs and to play casual PC games like The Sims 3 and Team Fortress 2. When I do get the money, however I would like to upgrade its processor and video card. Would it be possible to do so with a computer like this?

Yes you should be able to upgrade both the video card and processor. You would need to get a processor that matches the slot on the motherboard, which is likely AM3.

Yes you can upgrade the Computer, I have you checked the specification on HP website and see if you can add them. The other thing is having somebody with knowledge to assess your Computer and provide you with relevant information as some technical specification are needed and only somebody who understand such can give valuable information.

Yes, changing the CPU and the video card is feasible on this HP machine.

Later add dedicated graphic card so you can play more larger games.

When changing a CPU(may get up to AM3 x180,please check with HP for the fasted speed CPU acceptable), try add more RAM with 800mhz speed, this is important, using the different speed RAM may cause no POST screen and may not fit the RAM slot.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager

Back
Top Bottom