Will this build be able to run any game on max settings?

blackhawk89

Solid State Member
I want my desktop to be able to run all the latest games and hopefully more advanced games that will come out 2-3 years from now.

Here is my build:

Motherboard:
Asus Maximus V Extreme Supporting USB 3.0, Sata 6G, Lucid Virtu, 802.11n/Bluetooth, Thunderbolt

Processor:
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz/3.9Ghz Turbo 8MB L3 Cache HD 4000

Memory:
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600 Extremely Low Latency 1.5V (4x4GB)

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 w/Physx [ENTHUSIAST]

Power Supply:
1000 Watt Seasonic XP-1000 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply ROHS

SSD:
120GB Corsair Force GT SSD SATA 6G (w/ Trim) [555MB/s Reads]

Data Hard Drive:
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

Please let me know if this build is good enough to meet my gaming requirements.

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Looks Good, Will run the latest games on Max Settings.

However there is no saying what would be needed in 3 years time to run the latest games on max settings.
Technology Changes so Much.

Type in Gaming Computer on youtube, change the filter to 3yrs ago. You will laugh at the specs.

But nice build. Large budget i Can See. That i7 can OC to about 4.7 easy.

i agree with Jake. it's a killer rig, no doubt about it.

you might want to consider a faster 8gig kit of RAM. 16 gig is ridiculous for gaming only.
get some CL8 or CL7 RAM running at 1800mhz stuck.

is this the PSU you have choosen: Sea Sonic Platinum Series 1000 - Strømforsyning - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide
i know the site is in danish, but this PSU cost 2400kr (400$).
if thats the case: DONT BUY IT. too expensive for your needs.

by saving on the PSU and RAM, you might want to buy an extra 1TB harddrive and put those 2 in RAID0 for a speed bost on your data drive and double the space. you could also go for 2x 500GB harddrives and but them in RAID0 for a total of 1TB and save a little money if 2TB is too much space for you.

Nice Rig. Yes, you can run just about any modern game on Max. Just like the above poster said though. Technology changes quickly. Before you know it, you will need to be upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom