200GB Seagate 7200rpm 8M Serial ATA HDD
GeForce 7800GTX 256M PCIe
LG Flatron 19” CRT
Logitech Media Keyboard
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Pioneer DVR-110D 16xDVD DL Burner OEM Black
Integrated Sound Card
Logitech X-230 THX Speaker System

Will it? I'm putting it together slowly and I'm nearly finished I just need to make sure I buy the right PSU...

Hah... I really, really, don't think it will. I'd get at least a 500 watt setup for that. My setup is a little bit less demanding than yours (see signature) and I'm running an Aspire Concord 500 watt power supply with absolutely no problem. This thing is rock solid. I highly recommend.

I would go 600 watt so you dont have to buy another in the near future. I hear Antec makes some killer ones.

Don't get a Q-Tek they like to melt (see thread: How to melt a power supply), but even so I'd be looking at least a 500w (good make) power supply for that lot.

BullDog(UK)

Make sure you have enough amps on 12V for the graphics card. I would say at least 30 to be safe. If you plan to SLI, get a SLI PSU.

Yep, that's right. The Aspire Concord has something around a 34 amp 12 volt line.

OCZ makes the best psu's out there. Yeah, it's very unhealthy to run a psu at 90% of its max frequently, so, unless you want to be changing psu's a lot, I would suggest either a turbo cool 550+W, or, if you have the money, any ocz psu.

Back
Top Bottom