will a 20gb photo ipod work on my computer?

drumthrasher said:
I am thinking about buying a 20gb Photo iPod, and was taking a look at the system requirements. It says I need WinXP with SP2...I have WinXP Pro with SP1. Will it work? I bought a regular 20gb ipod almost a year ago, tried it on winme, but it didn't work...oh well...but will the photo ipod work?

kage said:
Hasnt anyone listened when hes said he doesn't have Windows XP? :p

i think im going mad here... im sure he said hes got xp pro... isnt that basiclly the same as xp...

if you havnt got a legal copy we cant help you. go and buy a legal copy, and itll work.

Oh...my bad :p

In that case, I-tunes should work perfectly fine from the link I gave:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

It wouldn't have worked with Windows ME previously because of the fact its not in the supported list, and probably had compatability issues.

so it should work even if i don't have sp2...i think there are different ways people has made to make it work.

people have made capable drivers, and easy transfering programs other than itunes if that does not work. i'll just have to wait till after thanksgiving or so (whenever the christmas sales star) till we find out.

It should work withotu SP2 anyways. They usually say its best you have it. Not thats its needed.

Yesterday I 'somehow' got SP2 to install, so now I have sp2. is there anyway to get rid of threads?

What threads? If you mean this one, leave it. or to delete a thread (Which you arn't suppost to) PM a Mod.

Back
Top Bottom