WIFI question.

well the thing you have to keep in mind is that wi-fi cant go though walls\doors. they have to "bounce" around them, so as long as there is a clean path to the wireless router she should get very good signal. my brothers on board wireless gets ~80% signal going through 2 walls and having a crappy modem (a modem with onboard wireless)

wifi certainly does go through walls and doors...

I have mine through many walls, all the way across the house. Believe it - I have a d-link d524. one of the cheapest and oldest routers known to man. It's lasted me almost 3 years now, without a problem. *knock wood*

I think it does go through walls/doors because i have a computer on the second floor, and the router is directly under it (pretty much) on the first floor. The wireless signal says Excellent signal strength. So unless the signal bounces from that room, up the stairs and into that other room without a signal loss, then it must go through walls.

Oh and one thing i might add to help the poster, If the floor between is concrete or something like that, it will probably weaken the signal.

-lhamil64

Back
Top Bottom