wierd sound

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
my comp is sometimes having some kind of screeching sound coming out when its shut down. i think it from the psu anyone no why this is happeing?

Does your psu move around in ur computer maybe it's shaking when you shut down the computer and just grinding on the case.

If it's not the PSU moving around, it might be the fan motor going bad. Don't rule out a PSU replacement.

its not even spinning because the pc isnt even on. the sound goes away when i unplug the power cord

yea u might want 2 try swiching out that PSU ASAP. if it's the PSU then u'll know you saved your computer from what could have been grave danger o.o

which one do you guys recomend? i have a strict price range..... 50 to 100??i need more than 450 watts

but if i do get a new does anyone know a way a could prevent the sound if it happens again?? and is that ultra X good?

hmm, if its a screeching sound, it sounds more to do with a power problem definietly.

Are you sure your using a plug with the right ampage in it as the PSU specifies?

Back
Top Bottom