Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha
Default Re: Installation errors

i did that once before too, but i think it was before i installed the new version. went ahead and tried again, didn't do ne thing. still no text.

Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Default wierd problem

alright, so my bro has had quite a bit of trouble w/ his comp. first it just blue screened, then it wouldnt' start back up. so we went in usin the xp disk and tried to repair it. but it wouldn't let us do anything. so we reformatted the hdd and were gonna cut our losses, but it wouldn't even get halfway through the xp installation and it would lock up and freeze. so we tried using different cd bays, a different disk. nothing worked. we ran memtest on the ram through knoppix and it passed all tests, let it run all night. so they bought a new mobo, well we installed xp sp3 on it and it seemed to work alright except when he tried to install some games onto his comp (unreal III, Loki, Guildwars (all legit)) ghost recon was the only game he had that would install correctly. the problem at first was that the install wouldn't have any text on the TOS and then it would give an error 1101, i did a search, updated to the most current version of installshield and it had text but wouldn't halfway through the install and the whole system would lock up. i'm pretty sure its not the hdd b/c they swaped it out for one my dad had laying around, so unless 2 hdds are bad. im guessin cpu, but i ran cpu burn in for a couple hours on it and it didn't come up w/ any errors. my bro is going to let it run all night tho. it also locks up on random installs on drivers and other programs too. does anyone have a clue to what the problem is here and how to fix it? mobo is a GA-MA770-UD3, and the cpu is a AMD x2 6000+, or something like that. thanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: wierd problem

Please keep it to one thread.

Moved. . .

Have you tried a different power supply?
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Default Re: wierd problem

uhm, i don't think so. but now that you mention it that was the first thing that came to my mind a month ago when this first happend. my dad kinda took over and didn't listen to me tho, but now that you brought it up that might be something we need to try.